Monday, February 26, 2007

Emergency

Like most kids, my son loves to play video games. We have a console, which requires a degree in electrical engineering to set up on our TV. My husband had it set up, but something happened. Somebody pushed buttons on the VCR, remote, or something, because it wasn't working. After 20 minutes of doing everything I knew how to do, I gave up. He would have to wait for Daddy to come home from work to work his wire and button magic. I turned on some music and went back to cleaning.

A few minutes later, my youngest hands me the phone. "It's Daddy." I hadn't heard the phone ring.

Our son had called him, told him there was an emergency.

"What's the emergency?"

"The video game won't work."

"Put your mother on the phone."

I had a talk with him about what constitutes an emergency.

No comments: