Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Two Hour Delay

The most wonderful news a mother can hear. I'm set up with a local TV station to email me when there is a delay or cancellation. So before bedtime last night, I knew. Even better. I slept in till 7:40 and didn't have to scramble out of bed and fly up the stairs to rush my children out of bed. I could have a cup of coffee, catch up a bit, and relax. The kids woke up on their own and came downstairs for breakfast. Still no rush. They can get themselves dressed for a change. Usually if I don't dress them they lolligag until we're totally cramped for time. We were ready with time to spare.

And the best part? They still go to school. I have a chance to get some housework done. Everyone is in a more relaxed mood.

It's gonna be a good day.

No comments: