Thursday, September 30, 2010


Justice has broken quite a few collars now.  Today being the latest.  After he broke the last one we bought a 'Kong' collar.  They have excellent hard-to-destroy dog toys, so we thought it would work.  Ha!  After spending 40 minutes chasing that dog's sorry ass around the neighborhood, I sat down, out of breath and wrote Kong a very curt email.  Their response was to throw the chain pet store they made them for under the bus.  I forwarded the entire exchange to the pet store, and have yet to hear a response. 
As I ran down the street to chase the dog, I yelled to Divine to call DH so he could come home to help me.  Since he works around the corner, it shouldn't be a big deal, right?  Divine was in class (cyber school), I told her to stay in class.  My help never came.  To say I was extremely pissed was an understatement.

Me:  Did you call your father?!?!
Divine:  Yeah, he said he couldn't leave right now.

Oh yeah, I was s.t.e.a.m.i.n.g...because Justice is HIS dog.  I have severe back problems, so running around the neighborhood really put me in pain.  Not to mention I still had to manage T and Little Man trying to 'help' me while I was scared shitless they would get hit by a car.  I made an absolute spectacle out of myself screaming at them to go home while my pathetic ass is jaunting after a dog in my Birkenstock-ish sandals.  I don't call him at work, let alone ask him to come home unless it's really necessary.  Ripping him a new ass was next on my list. He got that 'I'd-better-keep-my-mouth-shut-because-she's-really-pissed' thing on.  He supposedly had no clue I needed help.

Me:  Divine, didn't you tell your father I needed him to come home to help me get the dog???
Divine:  No, because it would be another car that might hit him!

Have you ever had a moment where you physically hit your head on something a few times?  A wall?  Your desk?  It was all I could do.  DH came home later and we had a talk with Divine about following directions.  You know, hours later..because I needed time for the pain meds to kick in and that long to calm down.

I brought the collar back to the pet store, and let the manager know how the Kong company threw them under the bus.  To their credit, they gave me a refund.  Suffice it to say I did NOT buy another Kong collar.  Think leather with a buckle.

1 comment:

Kakunaa said...

I nearly flashed our whole neighborhood last week when my dog took off...I was in my robe, and it fell open just as we came back up to the house. It was annoying. So sorry for the dog antics :(