Friday, October 1, 2010

Flo Juggling

So you're a guy planning your week.   Perhaps you're considering your social schedule and which girls you'd like to take out.  What do you do?  Whip out your phone and hit your FloJuggler

This is, perhaps, the most pathetic use of technology I've ever seen.  FloJuggler moniters women's periods, so men can plan their social lives accordingly.  This quote from the site is priceless:  "Flojuggler is for people who care about the women in their lives. It´s a fun and discreet way to handle a fact of life. Boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands, wives, and kids ALL track hella flos."  I can just imagine it...

Kid  - Oh shit!  Mom's period is due this week!  Better plan a sleepover at Susie's this weekend...
Dad - Dammit!  Goin' fishing with my buds.
Postman - I'll  deliver those packages next week.

I imagine this nifty app just marks the calendar every 28 days.  I don't know about you, but I'm not a 28 day girl. So for a guy's purposes I'm not sure this is nearly as efficient as they think it is.  What is sad though, is that there is a use for this for women with medical situations that require them to know when their period may start.  Not one piece of the site addresses THAT, which would be this app's redeeming quality.  Which is a shame, because it would turn this into something noble instead of trashy if it was phrased as such.  But perhaps this could be a piece of hidden treasure, because it's free.  Give it noble meaning and there'd be a cost to it.

2 comments:

Kakunaa said...

There is also an app called MyDays which is way better and more medically based. The concept behind FloJuggler is horrid. And seriously chauvinistic.

rys said...

Oh I agree...as I said, the most pathetic use of technology I've seen in a long time.